Saturday Childbirth Class
Saturday Birth Class is a unique class opportunity for those that want to take a Childbirth Class, but don’t have the time to be able to take a full class. Class is taught on Saturday mornings from 9am until about noon. Feel free to grab some McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts or whatever you might be craving to class and eat while as you like.
Tamara developed this class to highlight the most common questions women want to know about pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum. This class covers many of the same topics as the full class, but at a much faster pace as it is done in three hours.
Each Mama will be given access to an online manual that you can access for one year after the class date. A printed manual can be added for an additional cost. Topics discussed over the course of the class include:
- How your body prepares for labor
- The four stages of labor
- Creating your birth preferences
- Relaxation techniques for labor
- Natural and medicated pain management
- Laboring positions (there is more than one!)
- Delivery methods
- Newborn hospital care
- Breast/bottle feeding
- Postpartum life
What to bring:
- Two pillows and blanket: this is for your comfort as we will spend times on the floor as we practice various labor and birth positions.
- A birth partner: some positions require you to have a spotter for safety purposes, so bring someone with if you can. If you can’t – don’t worry, Tamara will spot you.
- Snacks: just in case you get hungry.
As a doula, sometimes Tamara has a birth. If that’s the case, the series will extend into a fourth week, so be prepared for that. Should Tamara have to cancel due to a birth, she will let you know as soon as possible.
Classes are conveniently held in northern Cincinnati about one mile south of Kings Island at:
3484 Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
Questions about the class? Contact Tamara today for more information.