**Due to COVID-19 Outbreak, all classes will be completed online for the time being via the Zoom app**
If you are looking for a complete childbirth class that covers everything from what your trimesters look like to labor, delivery and postpartum to putting a diaper on your new baby, look no further. Tamara has developed a class combining her twenty years of being a Mama with her experience as a doula and childbirth educator.
This six-hour childbirth series is taught over three weeks meeting for two hours each night.
Each Mama will be given access to an online childbirth manual. Topics discussed over the course of the class include:
- Pregnancy complications
- Preparing siblings
- How your body prepares for labor
- The four stages of labor
- Creating your birth preferences
- Relaxation techniques for labor
- Natural and medicated pain management
- Laboring positions (there is more than one!)
- Delivery methods
- Newborn hospital care
- Breast/bottle feeding
- Postpartum life
What to bring:
- Two pillows and blanket: this is for your comfort as we will spend times on the floor as we practice various labor and birth positions.
- A birth partner: some positions require you to have a spotter for safety purposes, so bring someone with if you can. If you can’t – don’t worry, Tamara will spot you.
- Snacks: just in case you get hungry.
As a doula, sometimes Tamara has a birth. If that’s the case, the series will extend into a fourth week, so be prepared for that. Should Tamara have to cancel due to a birth, she will let you know as soon as possible.
Classes are conveniently held in northern Cincinnati about one mile south of Kings Island at:
3484 Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040